I wanted to have a sprinkle bar for decorating cupcakes and then to have the kids make their own pizzas. If this was going to be a cooking party, then the kids needed aprons. I found these aprons that just so happened to have the best reviews and be the least expensive... score! They would make a perfect party favor as well. I opted to not have the kids decorate their own aprons, because I wanted them to use them right away, but they needed some decor in my opinion, so I went to work...
- Fabric, pink and brown, cut into 6 x 8 inch pieces (this is the size that fits on the Silhouette mat)
- Wonder Under (or the Silhouette brand fabric interfacing)
- Silhouette, custom cutting machine (or a very good cutting hand!)
- Sewing machine with pink and brown thread
- Pink or Red buttons to use as a cherry
- Iron fabric interfacing onto fabric (follow directions on the package)
- Use the Silhouette machine (or a pair of scissors) to cut the tops and bottoms of the cupcake shapes out of the interfacing [if using the Silhouette machine, there are a variety of different cupcake shapes available on the online store]
- Peel off the back of the interfacing and iron the shapes into the desired spot on the aprons
- Sew inside the shapes with a wide straight stitch. I went a few times around each one on the top to give a little more 'shabby' effect.
- Add a red button cherry to the top of the cupcake