This is a craft the kids did at my daughter's recent cupcake birthday party! The kids would be decorating cupcakes and making pizza, so a chef's hat fit right in with the cooking theme.
The Chef's Hats were found here. I found them to be of decent quality, however they need to be stapled in the back once they are sized to the child's head.
I saw this idea for the coffee filter flower and modified it to fewer cupcake liners and coffee filters to make it easier for the kids.
Gather your supplies:
- Chef's Hat
- 6 coffee filters
- 3 regular sized cupcake liners
- 1 mini cupcake liner
- 1 Button
- Plain old school glue
- Glue together two coffee filters, turning the second upside down on top of the first
- Glue a third coffee filter correct side upon top of the others... this creates a more fluffy flower bottom. Let this dry, if possible.
- Fold the last three coffee filters in half and then half again, creating pie shaped pieces.
- Glue the three coffee filters on the flower bottom
- Fold three cupcake liners in half and then half again, making pie shaped pieces.
- Glue cupcake liners on top of coffee filters.
- Glue the mini cupcake liner on top of the others.
- Glue a button into the middle of the flower
- Glue the entire flower onto the front of the chef's hat.
- Embellish otherwise, we had the kids add their names to the front with name stickers (photos to come soon).
- Size the hat to the child's head and staple the back... enjoy!
Post a Comment