I was very inspired by the Valentine's Day Heart Wreath from The Idea Room. She does a great tutorial on the process and there is another great tutorial at Design Sponge.
I was not quite up to trying an entire wreath, but I did think I could handle covering a ball, and I am so glad I did! It is one of those little decorative items that makes a BIG impact :)
All you need is:
- Felt (1/2- yard, $4.99/yard at JoAnn's)
- Styrafoam ball, I think it was 4 inches, about the size of an orange
- Flat-head pins, the long ones if you have a choice
- Something to trace a 3-inch circle (I used a kids cup)
- Cut a TON of felt circles, I used the whole 1/2-yard of felt
- Fold each cirlce in half, and then half again creating a pie piece
- Push a pin through the point of the felt and into the styrafoam
- Repeat (about 100 times) until you no longer see any of the styrafoam
I think I might go for the full wreath next. Maybe in a nice bright spring color?